Burnshield FAQ'sWHAT IS BURNSHIELD?
Burnshield is a remarkable Sterile, Hydrogel (wet) product which provides the essential physical protection urgently needed when someone is accidentally burnt. Safe for use on children, it is highly effective within the first 24 hour period.
IS BURNSHIELD STERILE?
Yes. Burnshield products are sterilized by gamma irradiation. Burnshield products are ISO, TGA, CE accredited and FDA approved to market. Single use only.
DO BURNSHIELD PRODUCTS HAVE EXPIRATION DATES?
Five year expiry from date of manufacture.IS THE BURNSHIELD RANGE COMPREHENSIVE?
WHAT ARE THE MAIN INGREDIENTS AND FEATURES OF BURNSHIELD HYDROGEL?
- Dressings - Open Cell Flexible Foam
- Hydrogel - 125ml Spray Bottle & 50ml Bottle
- Contour Body Dressings - Cotton Based
- Blankets - Wool Based
- Burn Kits:
- - Consumer and Retail
- - Professional & Military
- Melaluca Alt. (Tea Tree)
- Water (96%)
- Water Based
- Active Ingredient
- Non-toxic, Non-irritant
- Safe for use on Children
- Safe for use on Facial Burns
- Non- Adherent
- Pain Relief
- Anti Bacterial
- Preservative action
HOW IS BURNSHIELD APPLIED?
Burnshield uses a simple 4 step process:
HOW IS BURNSHIELD SECURED?
- Foam Cohesive Bandage
- Crepe or Conform Bandage
- Cling Film
- Own Foil packaging
WHY IS BURNSHIELD PREFERRED?
Burnshield is a Sterile dressing with a high quality Gel. Burnshield has a wide product range, is used worldwide, safe for use on children and facial burns.
- Easy to use
- Easy to assess
- Easy to remove
- Cost effective
- Reduced number of Nurses required for application
HOW OFTEN SHOULD BURNSHIELD DRESSINGS BE CHANGED?
- Within the first 24hr period
- If damaged or soiled
- If on inspection, starting to dry out
IF WATER IS AVAILABLE WHY USE BURNSHIELD?
- Cool water is effective but impractical to provide continuous care.
- Burnshield provides constant relief in terms of cooling.
- Burnshield provides the ability to transport the patient to nearest facility.
- Burnshield provides covering for the burn.
- It is a Sterile dressing which inhibits bacterial growth. Burnshield is cost effective.
WHO SHOULD KEEP BURNSHIELD?
The versatile range of dressings, gels and kits are suitable for every market - from domestic to industry, From marine to mining and from ambulance service to hospitals and military.
WHERE IS BURNSHIELD AVAILABLE?
- In South Africa
- Leading Pharmacies, Medical distributors and Levtrade International
- Approved distributor (on request).